After you finished studying in elementary school, did you continue your academic studies?
بعد أن انتهيتم من الدراسة في المدرسة الابتدائية ؛ هل أكملتم الدراسة الأكاديمية ؟
After you finished studying in elementary school, did you continue your academic studies?
الحويني : طيب ؛ يعني بعد ما انتهيت من الدراسة لم تكمل الدراسة الأكاديمية ... ؟
Al-Ḥuwaynī: All right, so after you finished your studies, you did not continue academic study...?
الشيخ : ما زدت على الدراسة الابتدائية ، والسبب في ذلك يعود إلى والدي ، ولعل هذا كانت منه رمية من غير رامٍ ، لأني في ما أظنُّ وفيما شاهدت فيما بعد لو تابعت تلك الدراسة لَما استطعت أن أكون فيما أنا فيه من الدراسة ؛
The Shaykh: I did not go beyond elementary study. The reason for that goes back to my father. And perhaps this was, from him, a shot that hit the mark without the shooter intending it. Because, as I think, and as I later observed, if I had continued those studies, I would not have been able to become what I am now in terms of study.
لأن الدراسة النظامية في الواقع صحيح أنها تسهِّل طريق مَن يريد أن يمضيَ أشواط كثيرة في البحث العلمي ، لكن هذا نادر جدًّا في الذين يتخرَّجون ،
That is because formal schooling, in reality, does make the path easier for someone who wants to go far in academic research, but this is very rare among those who graduate.
فوالدي - رحمه الله - كان سيِّئ الرأي في المدارس الحكومية ، وحُقَّ له ذلك ؛ لأنها كانت لا تدرِّس من الشريعة إلا ما هو أقرب إلى الشكل من الحقيقة ،
My father, may Allāh have mercy on him, had a very negative view of government schools, and he had every right to, because they did not teach anything of the Sharīʿah except what was closer to outward form than reality.
ولذلك ما أدخلني " مدرسة التجهيز " - مثلًا - التي كانت هي الثانوية يومئذٍ في سوريا ،
For that reason, he did not enroll me in Madrasat at-Tajhīz (Preparation School), for example, which was the secondary school in Syria at that time.
وعلى ذلك بدأتُ أدرس على والدي من جهة الفقه الحنفي وعلم الصرف ،
So, based on that, I began studying with my father in Ḥanafī fiqh and the science of morphology.
وعلى شيخ آخر اسمه الشيخ سعيد برهاني ، تبيَّن لي فيما بعد أنه صوفي أهل طريقة ،
And with another shaykh named Shaykh Saʿīd Burhānī. I later found out that he was a Ṣūfī, one of the people of a ṭarīqah.
قرأت على هذا الشيخ بعض الفقه الحنفي - أيضًا - ؛ وبصورة محددة "مراقي الفلاح شرح نور الإيضاح"،
I also read some Ḥanafī fiqh with this shaykh, specifically Marāqī al-Falāḥ, the explanation of Nūr al-Īḍāḥ.
كما قرأتُ عليه بعض كتب النحو والبلاغة العصرية من كتب بعض المعاصرين ،
I also read with him some modern books of grammar and rhetoric from the works of some contemporary writers.
وختمتُ على والدي القرآن بالتجويد ،
And I completed the Qurʾān with my father, with tajwīd.
ثم في الوقت نفسه كنتُ أتعاطى مهنة النِّجارة والتي تُسمَّى اليوم بالنِّجارة العربية ،
Then, at the same time, I was working in the trade of carpentry, which today is called Arabic carpentry.
وتخرَّجت من معلِّمين اثنين في النِّجارة ، أحدهما خالي اسمه اسماعيل - رحمه الله - عملت معه سنتين ، والآخر سوري يعرف بـ أبو محمد - أيضًا - عملت معه سنتين ،
I trained under two teachers in carpentry. One of them was my maternal uncle, whose name was Ismāʿīl, may Allāh have mercy on him; I worked with him for two years. The other was a Syrian known as Abū Muḥammad; I also worked with him for two years.
كان عملي معهما في الغالب في تصليح وترميم البيوت القديمة ؛ لأن البيوت القديمة في الشام كانت من خشب واللَّبن ،
My work with them was mostly in repairing and restoring old houses, because the old houses in ash-Shām were made of wood and mudbrick.
فكانت مع مضيِّ الزمن والأمطار والثلوج ونحو ذلك تنهار بعض الجوانب من تلك الدور ؛ فتحتاج إلى نجَّار عربي يصلحها ،
With the passing of time, and because of rain, snow, and things like that, some sides of those homes would collapse, so they would need an Arabic carpenter to repair them.
فكنت أخرج معه ، وفي أيام الشتاء في الغالب كنا لا نستطيع أن نعمل شيئًا ،
So I used to go out with him. But during the winter days, most of the time, we were not able to do any work.
[5/20/26 12:50 AM] Al-Albany: فأمرُّ على والدي ، وكان يتعاطى مهنة تصليح الساعات من بلده ،
So I would pass by my father, and he had taken up the trade of repairing watches from his country.
ذات يوم قال لي وقد رجعت من معلِّمي ، وقد شعر بأنُّو لا يوجد عمل في ذاك اليوم ؛ لأن الجو كان غائمًا قال : الظاهر ما في شغل اليوم .
One day, when I came back from my teacher, he sensed that there was no work that day because the weather was cloudy, so he said: "It looks like there is no work today".
قلت له : لا ، ما في شغل .
I said to him: "No, there is no work".
قال : شو رأيك أنا شايف الشغلة هَيْ ما هي شغلة ولا هي مهنة ، شو رأيك تشتغل عندي ؟
He said: "What do you think? I see that this work is neither real work nor a proper trade. What do you think about working with me?"
قلت له : كما تريد .
I said to him: "As you wish".
قال لي : يلَّا اصعد ، كانت دكانته مرتفعة شوي عن الأرض ، كان يخشى من الرطوبة ،
He said to me: "Come on, climb up". His shop was raised a little above the ground, because he feared moisture.
من يومها لزمته حتى تخرَّجت في المهنة من عنده ، وفتحت دكَّانًا خاصًّا بي ، وهكذا .
From that day, I stayed with him until I graduated in the trade under him. Then I opened my own shop. And that is how it was.
غيره ؟
Another question?
ترجمة الألباني - شريط : 1
Biography of al-Albānī, Tape 1
توقيت الفهرسة : 00:11:41
Index timestamp: 00:11:41
https://www.al-albany.com/audios/content/142451/
Sadly, many deviants and ignorant people, due to their lack of common sense, mock al-Albānī because he worked as a watch repairman.
"The watch repairman. He had no business in the science of ḥadīth".
A normal human being with a healthy heart cannot help but be curious and amazed that such a scholar was also a craftsman.
There is something deeply wholesome in seeing the human side of scholars.
But Allāh creates such creatures.
As ʿĀʾishah, Umm al-Muʾminīn, said when she was informed that some people revile Abū Bakr and ʿUmar, may Allāh be pleased with them:
"Their deeds came to an end, but Allāh did not want their rewards to come to an end".
Meaning: these people will give them from their own good deeds on the Day of Resurrection.
Anyway, this craft had great positive impact on him, رحمه الله.
When Allāh decrees something, He prepares its causes.
تبارك الله أحسن الخالقين.
Notice also the environment he grew up in, and compare that to who he became.
A strong contrast.
Like a beautiful flower growing between cold, deaf rocks, where no one expects such beauty and elegance to appear.
Comments
Post a Comment